Application for HKBVF Registered Business Valuer
Members of the HKBVF member institutes may apply for the status of Registered Business Valuer. The following minimum Professional Competence Requirements are required for any individual to qualify as a Registered Business Valuer on the approved list of the Hong Kong Business Valuation Forum:
Members of the HKBVF member institutes who are interested to become Registered Business Valuers should contact their respective institution for the application process.
- Applicants must be current and qualified for either:
- Corporate Members of the General Practice Division of The Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors
- Regular Members of The Hong Kong Society of Financial Analysts
- Fellow or Professional Members of the Valuation Faculty of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years working experience of which a minimum of 3 years must have been in the Valuation field related to Business Valuation.
- Applicants must have prepared and been responsible for at least one Business Valuation.
- It is mandatory for Registered Business Valuers on the approved list of the Hong Kong Business Valuation Forum to attend a Continuing Professional Development program, which is to be issued by the Hong Kong Business Valuation Forum from time to time as required.